Friday, March 12, 2010

Lisa Koch's Demonstrate the Place of My Abode

A letter from the Board President of Theatre Off Jackson:

I'm writing because I would love for you to come see Lisa’s new show at SPF. I caught it earlier this week and can’t stop thinking about it. It’s a beautiful, loving tribute and a frank look at helping those you love through death. I honestly feel transformed and think it’s one of the best shows I’ve seen. She’s put everything she has into it, and we can all relate to her story.


Lisa’s father was diagnosed with a pretty advanced cancer in January 2009, and passed away a few short months later. An Oregon resident, he inquired about the Death With Dignity law and wanted to explore his options. Washington passed a similar law last year, and so far we’re the only two states to do so. This is a poignant story about courage, love and laughter. I can't recommend it highly enough, and wish I possessed the eloquence to describe it justly.


There are 3 more shows:

Fri 3/12 – paired with Suzanne Morrison’s Your Own Personal Alcatraz (growing up with Ted Bundy!) and Jeff Frieder’s Kitty In the City

Weds 3/17 – paired with Jonah Von Spreecken’s The Dwellers

Tues 3/30 – Paired with Erin Jorgensen’s Worse Places


Amanda Slepski

Board President
Theatre Off Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fans & Followers